The Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the West Bengal Judicial Service Examination, 2020 in accordance with the existing rules for recruitment to the posts in West Bengal Judicial Service. The necessary particulars are stated in the following paragraphs. A candidate should verify from the notified rules that he/she is eligible for admission to the examination. The conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed.Civil Judge:
1. Posts: West Bengal Judicial Service [ POST : Civil Judge (Jr. Divn.) ]
2. No.of. Posts: Anticipated Vacancy – 26 Unreserved – 16, Scheduled Caste – 03, Scheduled Tribe – 01, OBC(A) – 03, OBC(B) – 02 and P.W.D. – 01( Category will be intimated later ).
3. Pay Scale Rs.27,700-770-33090-920-40450-1080-44770/-.
4. Qualifications : (i) A citizen of India or such a person of other nationality as declared eligible by Government of India; (ii) A degree in Law from any University or Institution affiliated to any University recognized by the State Government or the Central Government; (iii) Enrolment as an advocate in the roll of Bar Council of any State or Union Territory in India on the date of advertisement for the examination; (iv) Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali) – vide Finance Department’s Notification No.1243-F(P) dated 02.03.2016
5. NOTE: (I) The claim of a candidate for relaxation of age as a Government employee should be proved by a certificate from the appointing authority showing the period of his/her continuous service under Government and the same should be produced on demand. (ii) Age as recorded in Madhyamik or equivalent certificate will only be accepted. (iii) Persons suffering from blindness or cerebral palsy have been exempted from the purview of reservation as contemplated under section 33 of Persons with Disabilities (Equal opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995. (iv) Persons With Disabilities Are Advised To Bring A Certificate From The Competent Authority In This Regard And Produce The Same In The Examination Hall On Demand For Verification. (v) Candidates suffering from Low Vision / candidates with Locomotor Disability with writing extremity will be allowed the help of a scribe, if required. The Commission, however, will not provide scribe for such candidates. Scribe will have to be arranged by candidates themselves. (vi) Candidates suffering from low vision, candidates with locomotor disability will be allowed compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour.
Age: Not less than 23 years and not more than 35 years on the date of advertisement for the examination on 04.07.2020 (i.e. born not earlier than 05.07.1985 and not later than 04.07.1997). Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC and ST candidates of West Bengal, by 3 years for BC (Non Creamy Layer) candidates of West Bengal and upto 45 years of age for Persons with Disabilities having physical disability of 40% and above and by 2 years for candidates who have been in Government service for at
Application Fee: The candidate must have good health and character and suitability in all respects for appointment to Government service. Rs.210/- (Rupees two hundred ten) only + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of Rs.5/- (Rupees Five) only for online payment through debit/credit card plus service charge /GST as applicable as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of Rs.5/- (Rupees Five) only for Net Banking or Service Charge of Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty) only for payment through Bank Counter
1. Commencement of submission of online application : The 7 th July, 2020.
2. Closing date for submission of online application : The 2 nd August, 2020 (upto 12-00 midnight)
3. Closing date for submission of fees through online : The 2 nd August, 2020 (upto 12-00 midnight)
4. Closing date for submission of fees through offline : The 3 rd August, 2020
i. . Candidates are advised to read thoroughly and cautiously the documents available in the link Advertisement and Scheme and Syllabus present in the top of the application form before filling the application. Applications Once Submitted Shall Be Treated As Final. No Request Through Offline For Change In Application Form And No Claim For Being A Member Of The Sc, St And Bc Community And A Person With Disability Will Be Entertained After The Submission Of Application
ii. The candidates must abide by the instructions as may be given by Supervisors / Invigilators of the Examination. If the candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct, he / she will render himself / herself liable to expulsion from the Examination Hall and / or such other punishment as the Commission may deem fit to impose.
iii. A candidate who has been reported against by the Supervisor of the Examination Centre for violating any of the instructions will be punished with cancellation of candidature and also debarment from future examinations and selections as may be decided by the Commission according to the circumstances of the case.
iv. If at any stage even after issue of the letter of appointment, a candidate is found ineligible in terms of advertisement his / her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him / her.
v. The conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed in any case other than those mentioned in this Advertisement.
vi. A candidate should note that his / her admission to the examination will be deemed provisional subject to determination of his / her eligibility in all respects. If at any stage after issue of the admit card a candidate is found ineligible for admission for this examination, his / her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him / her. No candidate shall be allowed to take the examination unless he / she holds an admit card.
vii. Candidates are not allowed to carry mobile phones or any other gadget of communication inside the examination halls. This instruction must be strictly enforced.
viii. There will be arrangements for frisking of the candidates at entry points of venues – separately for male and female candidates so that candidates with mobile phones may not enter the venue.
Public Service Commission, West Bengal 161 A ,s. P. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata-700026
Selection Procedure :
Applications Can Be Submitted Through Online Only. However Submission Of More Than One Application By The Same Candidate Is Strictly Forbidden And Such Applications Are Liable To Cancellation.
How to Apply :
Candidates Are Advised To Read Thoroughly And Cautiously The Documents Available In The Link Advertisement And Scheme And Syllabus Present In The Top Of The Application Form Before Filling The Application. Applications Once Submitted Shall Be Treated As Final. No Request Through Offline For Change In Application Form And No Claim For Being A Member Of The Sc, St And Bc Community And A Person With Disability Will Be Entertained After The Submission Of Application. Commencement of submission of online application : The 7 th July, 2020. Closing date for submission of online application : The 2 nd August, 2020 (upto 12-00 midnight)
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
Click Official Notification button to read about job notification from PSCWB.To Apply for the job posting from PSCWB, please click on the Apply Now button below.